We are pleased to offer our students a variety of choices in activities to round out their education. We believe that participation in sports strengthens the mind as well as the body, develops leadership skills, and teaches critical social skills.
- HS volleyball is ranked #4 in Colorado RPI. The top 12 will host a regional tournament round. Stay tuned for more information on their state bound journey.
- MS volleyball is currently ranked #2 in Colorado and will compete for a league title on Saturday, October 6 at 8:00 a.m. at Windsor Charter School in Windsor, CO.
- HS soccer needs five more wins to move into the top 12 for a chance at their first state tournament.
- MS soccer is ranked #1 and will play in the league semis on Monday, October 1 at 5:00 p.m. and in the league championship on Thursday, October 4.
- MS boys basketball begins immediately following MS soccer playoffs, on approximately October 5.
- HS basketball begins in November.
- Please contact the school with questions.
Our new Arbiter athlete/parent registration site is now live. All fall athletes and parents should have their Arbiter accounts completed to include physicals in order to begin practice. Please download the Arbiter attachment below for instructions.
Union Colony offers a high school (varsity) athletics program for students in grades 9–12. Our middle school students in grades 6, 7, and 8 may also participate in junior varsity athletics. We offer girls volleyball, boys soccer, and boys and girls basketball on campus. Students wishing to participate in other sports may do so at the public school in their attendance area.
We require all student athletes to meet Union Colony Schools' standards of academic performance and behavior as well as CHSAA’s eligibility requirements. Ineligible students may participate in practices but not in games or events. Students on suspension for any regulatory violation lose their season-long eligibility and may not participate in games or practices.
Michael Neu, Head High School Boys Coach
Shawn Smithfield, Assistant High School Boys
Tony Peters, Assistant High School Boys
Pat Gilliam, Head High School Girls Coach
Mike Gilliam, Assistant High School Girls, Head Middle School Boys Coach
Megan Gilliam, Assistant Middle School Boys Coach
Megan Ruder, Head Middle School Girls Coach
Becca Hoy, Assistant, Middle School Girls Coach
Lance Williams, Head High School Boys Soccer Coach
Greg Miyoshi, Head Middle School Coach