We are pleased to offer our students a variety of choices in activities to round out their education. We believe that participation in sports strengthens the mind as well as the body, develops leadership skills, and teaches critical social skills.
- HS Volleyball: Congratulations to volleyball for their outstanding season and hosting Region 12 State Qualifier. Also congratulations to junior Mayson Fago-1st team All-Conference and freshman Kamryn Arnold-All Conference Honorable Mention.
- MS Volleyball: Congratulations for NCIL Runner-up in 2018.
- HS Soccer: Congratulations to senior Alonzo Guzman-1st team All-Conference, sophomore Isaac Perez-1st team All-Conference, and junior Oscar Castanedo-All-Conference Honorable Mention.
- MS Soccer: 2018 Undefeated NCIL Champions.
- HS Basketball: Regular season has begun.
- MS Boys Basketball: Post season begins the week of December 3. NCIL regular season #2.
- MS Girls Basketball: Regular season practice begins the week of December 10. Please contact the Prep office with questions.
Our new Arbiter athlete/parent registration site is now live. All fall athletes and parents should have their Arbiter accounts completed to include physicals in order to begin practice. Please download the Arbiter attachment below for instructions.
Union Colony offers a high school (varsity) athletics program for students in grades 9–12. Our middle school students in grades 6, 7, and 8 may also participate in junior varsity athletics. We offer girls volleyball, boys soccer, and boys and girls basketball on campus. Students wishing to participate in other sports may do so at the public school in their attendance area.
We require all student athletes to meet Union Colony Schools' standards of academic performance and behavior as well as CHSAA’s eligibility requirements. Ineligible students may participate in practices but not in games or events. Students on suspension for any regulatory violation lose their season-long eligibility and may not participate in games or practices.
Michael Neu, Head High School Boys Coach
Shawn Smithfield, Assistant High School Boys
Tony Peters, Assistant High School Boys
Pat Gilliam, Head High School Girls Coach
Mike Gilliam, Assistant High School Girls, Head Middle School Boys Coach
Megan Gilliam, Assistant Middle School Boys Coach
Samantha DuVall, Head Middle School Girls Coach
Lynnette Veik, Assistant, Middle School Girls Coach
Jason Harmon, Head High School Boys Soccer Coach
Greg Miyoshi, Head Middle School Coach